Sunday 1 May 2011

Windows 7 / Internet Explorer Problems

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I have really struggled with being able to post onto blogger since I started using Windows 7 and the seemingly incompatible Internet explorer.  Hence the reason for the delay in posting all of the latest news from Cornwall.

Anyway, the frustration got the better of me yesterday evening, and so, after googling various questions I came to the conclusion that I would just have to keep flicking between compatibility mode, and just do without being able to centre align or spell check anything!

Then, whilst I was putting a question into my start browser bar, the option of using Windows Live Writer came up.

I linked to my blogger account very easily, and soon was writing one post after another, dropping one picture after another onto the page, just by drag and dropping, and publishing directly to blogger through the click of a button.

I am totally and utterly converted, and will never again try and write a post directly into blogger.  All that waiting around whilst it uploads photos! When I think of the time that was wasted!

Anyway, my love of this new found friend has actually got me to catch up on writing a months worth of blog posts and update 20 odd cards to by craft blog.

Frustration over.  Welcome to a new age in blogging!  Why on earth is this not made common knowledge anywhere out there in t’internet land…… or maybe it is, and I just took forever to catch on!

Until the next one…… this is one happy blogger signing off for the day!

Jo Anne

 

3 comments:

  1. I only use Internet Explorer to check up on my blog if I have made changes to see how they look there.
    I only use Firefox now. It is a much better browser.
    Looking forward to more posts now that you are so fast. I have never used the Live Writer. I will have to go and take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Firefox for my browser but I don't have Windows 7 anyway, still with XP, although MN has Windows 7 but he doesn't blog!!!!

    I hate waiting for photos to upload too and sometimes when I post my paragraphs don't appear as I did them which is annoying!!!!! Think it must be blogger.

    I've been reading some of your posts and did wonder why you hadn't posted for a while - my excuse is that I've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your suggestion of using live writer! It's amazing and so much easier to use! I'm converted as well! Good to see you back blogging again! xx

    ReplyDelete