Saturday 27 June 2009

A 21st Century take on a 50's Hairstyle...

Right then..... I did promise the antics of my attempt at doing pin curls to create a 40's/50's pageboy hairstyle....

Well if nothing else this will give you a good laugh!

And so, last night it all began...

Having watched Aya's video on her blog Strawberry Koi, I had some idea as to the principles to follow, and so after parting my hair and sectioning it off I began to curl sections into coils and, using bobby pins, holding each section in place...

the first side went quite well, I found it all rather therapeutic actually, curling away whilst watching the TV, and fending off silly comments and laughter from Paul!

Once both sides had been completed and I had pin curls everywhere, I followed Aya's next tip, cover your hair in a scarf and go to bed like that!


OK - Paul really fell apart at that one!


Anyway it worked, as, after I got up this morning and had my shower, I took of the scarf and discovered it was all still in place and had stayed quite well...


I began to remove the pins one at a time, not expecting much. As you can see my hair has quite a frizzy curl to it anyway, so it's all in the lap of the gods as to what it will look like.

I was amazed to see beautifully defined curls in the place of the pins - and they stayed put amazingly!


It then all started to go horribly wrong once I brushed it out - BAD IDEA - I should have left the curls there I think, and so after all that what does my hair look like.....



Pretty much the same I'm afraid!


Needless to say - This was not an unpleasant task to do, and it was not at all uncomfortable to sleep in, which was a surprise, so I shall definitely do it again, but this time keep the curls....

What do you reckon?


No comments:

Post a Comment