Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy 2011, Goodbye 2010

2010 has been a challenge to say the least. It started badly, with two hospital visits. It progressed to two family members needing chemo, and finished with the loss of a cousin.

In between the sadness, we did manage to fill the days with some happiness too. The touring caravan that we bought meant that we have seen a lot more of Devon and Cornwall.

I gained the most gorgeous godson, Dylan, and we became members of the National Trust, which meant lot and lots of day trip to incredible places.

Despite the years ups and downs of 2010, we survived. Our hope is that 2011 will hopefully bring us a lot more ups, and a lot less downs.

We already have two weddings and a family reunion to look forward to. Roll on 2011.
I would like to wish all of my family, friends and blog mates a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely post Jo, I hope 2011 is a better year for you and your family.

    I've just had news that one of my 2nd cousins is recovering from an operation for breast cancer, which hopefully has been caught in time, she is only 38, and her father is in ill-health.

    Looking back over 2010 I suppose we can be thankful that we seem to have had more ups than downs and I hope 2011 will be the same.

    I look forward to reading more of your very interesting posts and seeing more of your creative work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy MMXI to you both... hope 2011 is better for you that some aspects of 2010 was.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo - Happy New Year - keep on blogging, it's always lovely to hear about your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very happy New year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jo
    I wish you a very Happy New Year.I look forward to following your blog over the coming year,following your travels and adventures.
    Take care Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete